Liquid Damaged MacBook & Laptop Repair
If you have a Liquid Damaged MacBook & Laptop turn it off immediately – electricity and liquid are not a great mix and cause corrosion to the logic board (motherboard) and components. While taking the device back to the manufacturer may be the obvious choice, they will not fix the issue, they will simply replace any part that is damaged making it a costly process. In addition, the manufacturer will explicitly rule out data recovery as part of the process meaning that unless you have a backup all data is at risk of being lost.
Sending the device to us is a simple process with repair prices ranging from £150 through to approximately £400, depending on the make, model and extent of the damage.
BCDM use a strict procedure for Liquid Damaged MacBook & Laptop Repairs:
- Visual inspection at component level under a microscope;
- Ultrasonic Cleaning to remove residual liquids and solids;
- Thorough drying process to ensure that all liquid is removed;
- Diagnosis, fault finding & repair/replacement at component level;
- Testing and Quality Control.
Liquid Damaged MacBook & Laptop Repair always depends on the extent of the damage. Attempting to dry the machine out using rice or in the airing cupboard will not solve the problem. Components will suffer from corrosion and continued use will cause this damage to become more extensive reducing the Liquid Damaged MacBook & Laptop Repair options. We advise to power the device off and, where possible disconnect the battery to minimise the damage.
Data Recovery from the MacBook Pro 2016 & 2017 with soldered in SSD is also available at BCDM. We are now able to connect directly to the so called “connector to nowhere” or “lifeboat connector” on the logic board enabling recovery of data directly from the attached SSD’s, as seen in this article on 9to5mac
This service is currently available for the following models:
- MacBook Pro 13 inch 2016 A1706
- MacBook Pro 15 inch 2016 A1707
- MacBook Pro 15 inch 2017 A1707
For more information, please click here or contact us to discuss your needs.
Repairs are normally completed on a no fix, no fee basis* example prices are below.
- Basic Repairs (replace internal cable etc.) £79.99 + Part(s)
- Component Level Logic Board Repair £279.99
- MacBook replacement screen/LCD £175 – £399.99
* No fix, no fee is only available where no previous repair attempts have been undertaken. Where prior repairs have been attempted that lead to additional work, additional fees may apply. This is particularly important with liquid damaged devices that have had the logic board cleaned. Cleaning may remove evidence of where damage has occurred, potentially delaying the repair or leading to damage not being identified which may cause premature failure. If you think that this may apply to your device, please contact us before sending to discuss.
To get your repair started, please contact using the form, give us a call on 0800 371212 or use the link below to arrange free collection.
Free Collection Service
We offer a truly nationwide repair service with a free collection service available for small items such as phones, tablets and laptops. For larger items such as desktops, iMacs etc. a small collection charge is applicable. To arrange collection or for details of how to mail your device in, please click here.