MacBook Pro Retina 2012 & 2013 Video Issue Repair
Issues and Symptoms
If you have a MacBook Pro Retina 2012 & 2013 Video Issue, you likely have the following symptoms which indicate a fault with the 650M Graphics Card, our MacBook Pro Retina 2012 & 2013 Video Issue Repair Service will have your machine up and running again in no time at all for far less than the cost of a replacement.
- Scrambled or distorted video on screen;
- Lines across the video on screen;
- No video on screen on external screen;
- Kernel Panic;
- Random Shutdowns.
Before sending your machine in for our MacBook Pro Retina 2012 & 2013 Video Issue Repair Service, a good way to check that this isn’t a problem with the display itself is to connect the MacBook to an external screen to see if the problem persists.
The root cause for this issue is usually pretty simple and comes down to the very poor way that the graphics chip is soldered to the logic board (motherboard). Over time, the solder joints between the chip and the board weaken and break leading to the issues above.
Up until 31st December 2016 or 4 years from the original purchase date of the affected machine (which ever is the longest) Apple offered an extended repair program.
Now that this option has passed, if you have an affected machine, BCDM can repair this fault for you at a price that makes it worthwhile. Our technicians will strip the machine down, examine the logic board to confirm that this is indeed the issue, perform a proper repair and test that the repair has resolved the issue. In addition, the repair will be covered by a 12 month warranty giving you peace of mind.
This problem can usually be fixed in as little as 1 business day from receipt of the device ensuring that your downtime is minimised.
BCDM’s MacBook Pro Retina 2012 & 2013 Video Issue Repair Service covers the following affected models:
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Early 2013)
Use the contact form to get in touch or give us a call on 0800 371212 and we’ll tell you how to get the device to us, confirm the costs and turnaround times. Once you are happy that you wish to proceed, simply drop the device in to us or mail it in.
In the unlikely event that the fault differs from that we have quoted for, we’ll re-quote free of charge and you are free to decline, there is a small reassembly charge and of course collection or return shipping is your responsibility.
Repairs are normally completed on a no fix, no fee basis* example prices are below.
- Basic Repairs (replace internal cable etc.) £79.99 + Part(s)
- Component Level Logic Board Repair £279.99
- MacBook replacement screen/LCD £175 – £399.99
* No fix, no fee is only available where no previous repair attempts have been undertaken. Where prior repairs have been attempted that lead to additional work, additional fees may apply. This is particularly important with liquid damaged devices that have had the logic board cleaned. Cleaning may remove evidence of where damage has occurred, potentially delaying the repair or leading to damage not being identified which may cause premature failure. If you think that this may apply to your device, please contact us before sending to discuss.
To get your repair started, please contact using the form, give us a call on 0800 371212 or use the link below to arrange free collection.
Free Collection Service
We offer a truly nationwide repair service with a free collection service available for small items such as phones, tablets and laptops. For larger items such as desktops, iMacs etc. a small collection charge is applicable. To arrange collection or for details of how to mail your device in, please click here.